Tuesday, May 22, 2012


I have never been so excited and sad as I am writing this post. This weeks child for teamwork Tuesday is Darryl. My husband and I desperately wanted to commit to this boy but it fell through. I pray about Darryl daily and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't daydream about him, about what he is doing, feeling, wanting. He is almost 5 and is facing transfer to an adult mental institution if he isn't already there. His profile says how sweet, friendly, physically active and sociable he is. You can just tell the amazing kid he is just by looking at his photos. There isn't anything I've wanted more than for Darryl to have a family. Please please please someone go get him. I will personally help you fundraise, whatever it takes to get him home. I love this little boy to pieces, maybe you can too?

Here is information on adopting Darryl:
  • 3 trips are required
  • 1st trip, Both parents for 5-7 days
  • 2-3 month wait for the judge to appoint the court hearing
  • Both parents travel for 2nd trip about 7 days, both parents leave after the court hearing
  • 30-day waiting period is NOT waived for special needs
  • Only one parent would need to return after the 30-day wait
  • Up to 5 young children in the home if the family income is sizeable (the adopted child being the 5th child)
  • Both parents must be younger than 60 years
  • Parents may NOT be currently on anti-depressants; prior history of anti-depressants may be permitted on a case-by-case basis
  • No criminal background (DWI's acceptable on a case by case basis)
  • EASY TRAVEL IN-COUNTRY
  • Fee includes orphanage donation
  • Married couples and single heterosexual mothers may apply
  • Un-related children may not be adopted simultaneously
  • Total program and travel fees approx $35-40K
  • 1 comment:

    The Happy Half Dozen said...

    Hugs, I'm so sorry! I know the feeling. I want more than anything for Mabel to have a family but it's very bittersweet because I want so badly for it to be my family.