Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Presley!

I'm happy to announce that Presley Ann is finally here! I thankfully made it to my scheduled C-section date which was a week earlier than my due date. Presley was born on Jan 26th, 2010 at 2:50 weighing 8.1lbs and  20 inches long! The first half of my section went perfectly, but after 50 minutes my anesthesia started to wear off. I never knew this was even possible but apparently on rare occasions it happens. Luckily Darin was by my side the whole time and was a huge help. He was very supportive and did his best to keep me calm. I had to be loaded up with alot of different meds to minimize the pain, because of this I had to stay on a high risk floor overnight and couldn't breastfeed Presley right away. After the 24 hours we were moved and was able to start recovering.
It may be too soon to tell but I think we lucked out on another easy going baby. Presley has such a good temperment and only cries when she's hungry. She's only 8 days old but is on a great schedule. She eats every 3-4 hours and as expected, sleeps all day. We are so glad that she is finally here to complete our family. Can't wait for the next few months so we can see who she will look like because right now she looks exactly like her daddy minus her hair color. Here are some pictures of the last week.


Me before the C-section. (I was a little nervous)

Darin could barely sit still he was so excited!

 Welcome to the world baby girl!

Didn't think she was going to be such a chunky baby.


He hogged her the whole time in the hospital. He barely let me hold her. lol



First car ride to the Dr's.

such a good eater!


Daddy has another look alike.

Davin loves his new baby sister!


Peyton not so much. He gets really jealous when his daddy holds her. Don't think he's ready to share his daddy.